Sunday, September 13, 2009

Whitman County Fair

 
Today we had a great time at the fair with Nana Judy and Papa Ron! As the Whitman County Sheriff's Chaplain, Papa Ron does the fair's Sunday service each year, and we always go to enjoy the day with them: church service, yummy fair food, and tours of the animal barns. But, this year our trip expanded to include a close inspection of tractors, and best of all . . . Nana Judy bought a carnival tickets for the boys, and treated them-to their little hearts' contents-to ride after ride after ride!
The boys were absolutely delighted with everything--the noisy music, the nice attendant who gave them high fives, and the grinding, clanking machinery. (I still have a lot to learn about motion shots, and so I missed getting a carousel shot, and only managed some decent shots of the dragon roller coaster when it began to slow down--though I do have lots of fantastic shots of other people's children). I did catch Phil's helicopter ride--I think (ten hours later) his neck has realigned.

This Colfax fair has quite the proactive approach to car parking: today four attendants (two mounted) directed the parking (even of our very small car). And their parking practices have a tender place in our hearts, as two years ago one of the parking-horses backed into my car while we were having lunch--only my car was already so bedraggled I didn't even notice--thankfully Phil was there and he spotted the dangling side-view mirror.

1 comment:

  1. The parking story made me laugh out loud! I do love small towns and big fairs :)

    ReplyDelete