Yea! Phil and the boys are enjoying themselves; the mule deer not so much.
This is Phil's first mule deer kill, and this is the first year Phil has purchased a mule deer tag. (And he probably wouldn't tell you that, but I'm proud of him, so I'm gonna tell ya!) He got up at 4 am, drove, hiked, hiked, hiked, lost 47 layers of skin off his feet and ankles, and then hiked some more. In the midst of all the hiking he got his mule deer, and the boys got to help with their first skinning (oh those childhood landmarks).
3 years ago


Ahhh...I remember those days...skinning the elk quarter on the kitchen table. My mom didn't like those days so much, she was much happier when we got a garage.
ReplyDeleteThankfully, I was gone for the event . . . I have a feeling that I'll soon be a participant!
ReplyDelete