We trekked down to the Tri-Cities (on blessedly clear roads) to arrive early and take the boys to see a Living Nativity production (which we'd caught back in 2007). Whew! Camels, horses, flaming torches, sheep, wise-men, donkeys, miniature donkeys . . . all trasped in for a the magical introduction . . . need I go on?
Oh yes, because my heart skipped a beat. The animals were well worth sitting through the first of half of the show; which was a modern-day musical featuring a chunky-tuna actress as Mary--we figured she must have been the best singer--and cheesy choruses of, "have you ever believed when believing seemed so impossible? have you ever jumped when you couldn't see the bottom? have you ever trusted when . . . [oh I forget]?" Pleezzzze!!! The kids got bored, I tried to convince Phil to leave, and during the fifth-odd chorus of "have you evers" a little girl next to me sheeeshed, "we've already heard that".)
Oh dear, I rabbit trailed. Thankfully, the Living Nativity folks didn't presume to improve upon the census and no-room-at-the-inn-manger scene, and so we got to see the whole sweet animal shebang once more and the kids loved it, and it made the whole musical worth it. Lovely. If you ever are in the Tri-Cities do check out the Cathedral of Joy's Living Nativity. (Don't worry, I emailed them and requested they return to the 2007 version's by-the-book first act.)
So on to the photos. Dairy Queen treats from Nana Judy & Papa Ron. Egged on by Katie and Colton (whom they unabashedly adore) the boys were silly in all the right ways, and happily devoured their cones. What a fun way to end the day!
Also, if I ever offer to bring a frozen lasagna to your house, please say, "no thank you".
3 years ago


I don't need any lasagna, but don't mind if you bring by some peanutbutter balls!!! Ahh. . .I can't get enough!
ReplyDelete