Thursday, January 28, 2010

Five Little Peppers

 
Nb: I made Daniel and Bryce hug--they wanted to be hams for the camera, and their funny faces were terribly unappetizing as they were devouring goldfish crackers . . . hugging is not as much fun as hamming it up, and so no smiles! Oh, and also, I really chose this shot of them because the huge pile of junk in our dining room is completely blocked by their little heads!

Today we hosted our CdA cousins for a fun morning playdate. The four boys quickly dashed off to play; which left baby Ava and I to pair up for a quick bottle and playtime. After which she screamed like a maniac for exactly three minutes (much to Bryce, Deacon and my amusement--little baby cries are sort of funny) before falling into a peaceful two hours plus sleep. (I actually forgot that she was here until one of the kids asked where the baby was--aren't I a good baby sitter?)

Bryce took Daniel for a four wheeler ride, and then I remembered that I hadn't asked my sister if that was okay--so somehow the battery quickly stopped working. During their brief time here we managed to play Lincoln Logs, Tinker Toys, Play Dough, race cars inside, have snacks twice, race cars outside, ride bikes and scooters, play with plastic animals (I sustained several snake bites and a beetle bite) run & roll (thank you Bryce) in the mud, throw gravel at my car (thank you Roman), sword fight, and bust out some plastic tools.

Fun morning! We hope they can all visit again soon.

1 comment: