Monday, March 8, 2010

Roman's Dinosaur Cake (aka: store bought cakes are better)


Last week we enjoyed having our Cd'A cousins stay overnight in Moscow (we're not crazy, they slept at a hotel). Roman's birthday was a couple days after their visit, and at three years old he's super into dinosaurs--so Bryce, Deacon and I excitedly whipped up a dinosaur cake. I thought to myself, as I dusted the pan with shortening and cocoa powder, "you are such a great aunt--this is going to be so great".
Luckily, unlike his parents who laughed heartily at the sight of the T-Rex, Roman was really excited (as was Bryce whose should be known as Mr. Sweet Tooth). But I think I need to abandon all hopes of ever turning out a great dinosaur cake--and also, five gallons of dragon-green dye do not improve upon store bought frosting.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment