Above left: Deacon with two of his favorite things 1. his "cowboy" [hat], 2. his dog, Patton
Above right: Deacon playing guitar along with the Lawrence Welk show (btw: Bryce took the photo)
It's almost as though Deacon found his voice and we didn't notice right away, because sometimes it seems that he has nearly fine-tuned his grammar and delivery.
*Tonight at dinner I managed to catch Phil's attention during a brief noise-break, to ask, "Do you remember when we used to talk during dinner?" Deacon commentates, monologues, encourages, and admonishes (poor Bryce--his patience is being developed). Usually, Deacon finishes his dinner first, but tonight Bryce scarfed up his pizza like a running car was waiting for him in the driveway, yet between bites managed to frequently correct Deacon's barrage of: "Bryce, I finished before you. My food's all gone. I'm first done, not Bryce. Deacon's no more bites!" with: "No Deacon, I'm almost done with all my bites, you're not even close".
*Deacon also has a habit of calling to me at the top of his voice. Unless he is crying I can't for the life me differentiate between needs and wants. But the other day he had a real doozy: "Mom. Mooooom. Moooooooooomm! Mom I calling you. Mom I call you. Mommy I needs something from you." [when he takes a breath I quickly reply, en route] "Sure Deacon. What do you need? I'm coming!" [he replies and suddenly I feel all gushy, and yet try not to crack up] "Mom, I needs a hug!"
*And with this new found voice the vault of withheld tattling has burst forth, but my favorite thus far: "Moooooom! Bryce hit me out of anger!"
3 years ago


So funny!!!
ReplyDelete