Friday, June 25, 2010

Father's Day

Deacon is holding the toy camera backwards, and taking a picture of me. One of these days he's going to pull a fast one on Nana, and smuggle that camera into our car!

Though sketchy weather earlier in the week canceled our tentative camping plans, I remained ever hopeful that the Father's Day fishing trip would hold out. Oh well, the fish lucked out but as it turned out so did we! Nana Judy rescued the day with delicious fried chicken, mashed potatoes, home made bread and more, plus nothing makes you thankful for rain like fantastic comfort food--especially when you weren't the cook!

We trooped in the door with appetites that matched the gigantic cake in tow. I love writing with frosting--even though I am not good at it. For example, the cake was only supposed to say, Happy Father's Day, so that it could be applicable to Phil and his dad, but some dreadful non-centering led to more liberal use of frosting in attempts to make it look more on-purpose with the addition of 1st. And after all, let's call attention to how fun that is! 1st Father's Day! Yay for us for having Phil as the dad in our family.

Phil is all of the good things I treasure about my dad, plus all the good things he's grown up respecting in his own father, plus he's got the fierce hunting skills and love of God's green earth that we appreciate in Opa, plus . . . well, I could go on, but Phil is going to read this at some point, and he hates to blush.

I am so thankful to have a father that took great care of me, and a husband that blesses us with his care of our family, while encouraging me to be a godly mother to his children. So once more, YAY for Happy 1st Father's Day!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment