Tis the season to begin doing some elk scouting, and thus after a lovely luncheon, we loaded up (even Patton) and set off for hills. The first photo shows the three guys taking in the l'eau d'elk; who apparently love to wallow in the wallow. I kept my distance from all the odors (at this point wet dog smell was mingling with elk wafts), and hence the blurry photo.
The boys love to hike, but Deacon gets a little poky (usually because he's busily trading up sticks). Phil always walks first so that he can get any spiderwebs out of the way, then Bryce keeps pace with him, calling out commands to Patton, who ignores him.
At the end of the hike Phil took the boys down a steep shortcut. Bryce billy-goated down it, unaided. Phil went ahead of Deacon--just in case-- but instead of climbing, Deacon decided to scoot slowly down on his little caboose.
It was a beautiful day, and we loved getting out in the woods. Last summer we got out for family hikes as many Sundays as we could, and it's great to be out doing it again. However, I cannot believe that I welcomed that stinky dog into the Pilot . . . but it wasn't anything a little air freshener couldn't handle!
3 years ago



I wanna come too... Grand-Daddy
ReplyDelete