We've enjoyed a few of the kiddie movies shown at the local stadium-seating theater, and today might have been our last day (since the final movie--shown next week-- is a surprise, and let me tell you, after enduring Barnyard, I plan to do some research). Just in case, we met up friends at Sunnyside Park afterward, and after all the friends left I was determined to wear out my twosome. They raced between the upper and lower ponds, along the rocky "creek". I realized that Deacon was gathering fist fulls of river rock to toss into the duck pond (don't worry, the ducks had long since returned to their island).
Thoroughly soaked, they were ready to head home, but Deacon conked out immediately, and by the time we'd completed our two drive-thru errands had packed in an hour's sleep, so he was too rested to re-nap at home (I'd had hopes of a three hour nap for him).
3 years ago


Bummer Lauren!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the invite - we had a great time!!!
And I'm regretting not stealing all your cookies :)
Nothing worse than a nap plan that backfires! The key is to do whatever it takes to keep them awake in the car--food, singing, I have even yelled every minute or so all the way home from Pullman--my poor kids!
ReplyDelete