Monday, June 6, 2011

Welcome Baby Elizabeth Jane!

Little Elizabeth Jane was ushered in this morning (June 6th) at 12:35 am, and was so perfectly tiny (even at 8 lbs 9 oz she seemed like a doll). What a surprise to have her arrive within four hours of my sister getting to hospital--I'm so glad my husband made me zip up to CdA when he did or I might have missed out! Once again my sister was amazing and made it look easy.
Much later in the morning, Granddaddy Dan and I brought Elizabeth's big brothers (Daniel 5, and Roman 4) to see her. On the way in, Granddaddy told the boys the baby's name:

Gpa: Boys, your new baby is named Elizabeth Jane. Can you say Elizabeth?
Daniel & Roman: Ee-lith-uh-bess Jane!
Daniel: [big sigh and head shake] Well, I hope it's a girl.


After taking in the baby (Daniel swooned), they got down to the really important stuff:

Daniel: [admiring his mother's svelt middle] Now that the baby's out, can I lie on your tummy?
Roman: [absolute concern] Mommy, now can you bend?


Here's what Elizabeth's big sister, Avery Blake, looked like about 18 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment