Thursday, August 11, 2011

Mindless Music

Oh this topic is pretty funny!

The moment you catch yourself humming (or ACK!! singing) an iffy-at-best-tune it's appalling, and you sort of have to rethink your recent doings to make sure you weren't milling the grocery aisles as you sang, "Vouslez vous couchez avec moi? C'est soir?" A song I caught myself singing whilst making copies . . . at the office . . . in the full staff room . . . naked {ok, one of those isn't true}.

Or, even better, just this Spring I was buzzing up the F Street hill nearish to our house with my favorite lite rock station blaring. (My muchachos love silly 70s and 80s rock and usually it all seems so safe . . . especially after I caught myself singing along to, " . . . the taste of her cherry chapstick . . ." and immediately swore off 106.1 forever.) So, anyways, I'm singing along [loudly], the boys are singing along [at the top of their lungs]. Come to think of it, this may very well have been the very first Moscow-windows-down-sunny-day-of-2011.

Then . . .

Bryce: Mom?
Me: {loudly off-key singing] Shake-shake-shake
Bryce: {louder} Mom! What's a??
Me: {still singing} Shake-shake-shake
Bryce: {louder still, very quizzically} Booty?
Me: {radio off!} Pirate treasure!

Now, I'm a little more selective, and I really wish our cd player worked.

1 comment:

  1. go ahead, shake that pirate treasure :) That's so funny!!!!! Paula

    ReplyDelete