This is where we are. This is what we are doing.
Yes, I am wearing an excess of fleece layers (no it isn't that cold, but I came down with a chills n' all cold the night before we left town). No cell service. No internet. No tv. No laundry. No vacuuming. No bedtime. No dusting. Lots of chili and chips and sausage and beans and coffee and Theraflu (for me) and s'mores--Bryce's favorite part of each day. Lots of sprinkling rain and cozy fires. Lots of fleece. And a stream; which means lots of pants, socks, and shoes changes when rock-hopping goes south.
I brought the boys back to town today so Bryce could go to school and I could shower and curl my hair (priorities you know). Plus, I wanted to do laundry (most of my ancestors weren't pioneers, and it shows).
No elk yet--but for those of you that are interested in that sort of thing, there is a dandy herd bull, and neighboring hunters with horses to help pack it out--we are an optimistic lot!
More updates to come--hopefully with antlers . . .
3 years ago


Now *that's* a tent! Cozy!
ReplyDeletePaula