Friday, October 21, 2011

Green Bluff Fun

 
Last Sunday we trekked to Coeur d'Alene to go to church with the cousins, and then we along the fam met up with more family at Green Bluff north of Spokane. What a wonderful fall day! First stop, we left Granddaddy Dan to help Aunt Adie unload her munchkins, while Bryce and Deacon insisted on beelineing it to the ponies. This year they each got to ride Misty, and gave Smokey their regards (they'd wanted to re-ride Smokey, but twas not to be). We passed on draft horse wagon pull (once you're in the wagon you can't even see the horses, so I think it's just silliness). We got halfway across the lawn to meet up with cousins, when Bryce got that very grown-up look that says I'm barely not exploding from excitement--and then he reminded us all that we had to keep a look out for the pumpkin princess, "She'll be wearing a princess dress". And . . . sure enough, orange prom dress pumpkin wand and all. If we ever go to a Disney theme park, my kids might do what that AFV winner did.

After loading up our wagon with nine humongous pumpkins, and collecting an excessive amount of Honey Crisps, my turn in line came up. I'd just observed the man ahead of me pay $24 for one large pumpkin and a medium bag of apples, so we ended up getting just one pumpkin.

On the drive home we had a surprise Dairy Queen stop (Deacon managed to spill half of his mini blizzard on his right thigh), then we stopped in Rockford and I pre-Christmas shopped and the nice lady gave us all free drinks (apparently at that store you should always opt to pay for coffee/hot cocoa at the same time as your merchanidise!).

Super fun fall day! I managed to get zero photos of Ava (I carried her for a bit as we chased the big boys through the maze--so fun). And Ava looked so cute that day, so just imagine another cute girlie-girl next to Lucy!

No comments:

Post a Comment