I'm about five in this photo--and already really knew how to pull together great outfits. I think I'd gotten a camera for my fifth birthday, and my Grandma Jeanne here captured how much I loved using it. We lived in this house from late Spring 1983 until Summer 1987. And, my very own Aunt Kathi designed the house. We had an above ground pool, were surrounded by a creek on two sides (lots of North Carolina flooding), my dad built a tree house, and I had a playhouse imagined around six backyard boulders.
The best part of this house, was its location in the Jamestown part of Greensboro--near the country club swimming pool--just minutes from Grandma Jeanne and Grandpa Herb. I could trapse through the across-the-street-neighbors' yard past their huge honeysuckle bush, and wind up at Grandma and Grandpa's front door! After school for Oreos and apple juice, or on Saturdays (before Grandpas's heart surgery) keilbasa and butter sandwiches during his yard work breaks.
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment