Nana & Papa gave Deacon a pirate ship for his birthday. I want all of you to know that (just for fun) the directions for the 97-step, 8 thousand pieces of ship and accoutrements were soley in German (I think). This is the extent of my German (spelled incorrectly because I never took German, I only traveled there once, and mostly just ate chocolates--a chocolate tour, if you will . . . anyway, I give you my German:
Steusel. Dankeshein. Ich bin ein Berliner. Achfiederzhen. Danke. Eidelweiss. Ech shuul-di ghanhng, ich fhair schtay-uh nheisched. Eince, vhie, drhie, vriehr.
Note, please that none of above vocabulary came in handy when assembling the ship. So about two hours after I began the boys had at it.
It is amazing. It is soooo worth it. In fact, this is one of the best presents /toys /childhood equipment that the boys have ever received. If you haven't yet completed your Christmas shopping go to Toys-R-Us right now and become that amazing gift-giver you've always dreamed of becoming.
Also, the combination of German-only directions gives you a sense of over-the-top pride in yourself and your ability to Sherlock solutions.
3 years ago

Sehr gut fraulein, ich liebe dich. Mutte
ReplyDelete