Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cookie Queen

We had the most wonderful day making cookies with Nana. This lady is a pro--she had stations and jobs like "unwrapping mini peanut butter cups" and "rolling dough into balls" and "slicing shortbread loaves" and "pressing said peanut butter cups into said dough-balls". Perfect. I felt like we were at a magazine shoot for a feature story on Baking with the Grandkids. The table was even set with red placements, cardinal plates, holly berry glasses and festoons of [very good] candy for frequent baking breaks!

Here's Bryce loving all his jobs, and helping with the taste testing:

And Deacon carefully placing each peanut-butter cup into the container (later Bryce and I chucked in the rest):

You know it's pretty much been the best Advent activity ever when--as you walk to the car carrying your tupperware of cookies (which gloriously includes warm chocolate shortbread sandwiching from-scratch peppermint ganache)--your children buckle in asking, "Mommy, but when can we come back to Nana's? That was the best fun ever!"

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I'm glad everyone enjoyed the day and only hope you'll save some for me to taste on the 26th. love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that takes patience and some serious forethought! Way to go! Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first pic--they look so proud :)

    ReplyDelete