Thursday, December 29, 2011

Games Galore

 
Aunt JoAnn gave the boys three family favorite games: Battleship, Yahtzee, and Jenga. Fantastic! I had no idea that these games would be such an absolute, over-the-top hit with all the menfolk. As soon as all the presents were unwrapped, but before anyone had even considered crab legs, Bryce and Deacon teamed up with Phil and Granddaddy so the latters could teach the formers how to play Battleship. Granddaddy had one additonal rule (that he enforced with fierce reminders): when your ship got a hit you had to make realistic explosion sound effects.

I'd forgotten how much I loved Yahtzee, and still do--though Deacon beat me by nearly double during our first game. The boys love it too--shaking the die cup has developed a routine all its own. But, Phil had somehow made it to adulthood without having ever played Jenga. We can almost talk him into a game any time; it helps that he's only been beaten once! Like Granddaddy, Phil too has added some rules, such as: no shaking the coffee table, no crawling under the coffee table, no stomping near the coffee table when its his turn, etc. (lots of coffee table rules).

So much fun. I love that it's still Christmas Break and I have absolutely guilt over my messy-dirty kitchen (that was clean last night), and have instead play-play-played all day with my kiddos!

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love the extra Battleship rule! :-)

    ReplyDelete