Saturday, May 5, 2012

Brownie Pie


Very dear church ladies and friends volunteered to bring us two weeks' worth of meals.  So far we've enjoyed: tortelinni casserole, chicken with white beans & tomatoes, tamale pie delivered for my lunch when I couldn't make a bible study luncheon, chicken & rice casserole (I got to pick that one--even better than great-grandma's), and a potato-sausage-bell pepper goulash.  This is just the absolute best gift a family can receive.  I was overwhelmed that a friend was willing to organize this, and even more so when I realized how many meals she set up.  Along with tremendous delicious main courses we've had amazing veggies, finish-the-loaf-off good bread, desserts, drinks. . . blessings overflowing!  Not to mention how much we enjoy anticipating meals.  There are not words to express how much this blessing is blessing us all.  So down in your bones good.

Tonight turned out to be a sad dessert day for me.  Dinner was good, and I was so stuffed I knew there was no way I'd be able to fit brownie pie.  So instead, I rallied my spirits by taking an absurd about of photos of Kyle devouring his.  (Bryce & Deacon ate their portions too fast for a photo op).

Bless these wonderful church ladies, who make it so I can spend dinner prep time playing with my new son, being entertained by my big boys, or in today's case, shoppping with my dad while my wonderful husband babysat . . . and I even have time to fold the napkins for dinner . . . fancy!

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie! He is like a perfect mix of Deacon and Bryce!

    ReplyDelete