Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Bugs and All

 
Posted by Picasa
Saturday evening we headed off to Nana's for a lovely pre Father's Day barbeque. It was delicious. En route I prayed that she'd be making potatoes--and she did--she's a potato master. As if steak and potatoes weren't enough Nana also made strawberry shortcake. From scratch. It was to die for. I was overjoyed when she sent a generous bit home with me . . . But, this post isn't supposed to be about amazing desserts that make me glad to be alive. Rather, do you see that little bug case? Secreted within were two moths, and a dead spider, and a beetle, plus who knows what else. Somehow during the drive either Bryce or I managed to knock the lid off and dump the contents. I'm so glad the spider was dead. Deacon and Bryce scooped everything up, with no tears. Once we were home, and the case was placed on the counter (after being denied safe house in bed with Deacon), Phil knocked it off the counter, scattering grass and more across the kitchen floor. And I ask myself, why do I buy bug cases in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment