
Oh dear, it's nearly the end of the month and I never mentioned the 4th of July! We had a lovely, busy day beginning a whirlwind trip to Coeur d'Alene and Spokane for the parade and a visit with Opa, followed by quite the barbeque spread at Grandma Greta & Papa Glen's. By the time we made it home I was exhaustido. Beyond fatigued and thankfully Phil realized that trying to put anything more on my plate would result in a memorable day in all the wrong ways . . . so instead, he headed out to assemble the best home-grown fireworks this side of the reservation. He and Grandpa Dan got the boys so riled up with excitement that even the sparklers and pop-its were had them giddy. And for my part, I made one of those American flag cakes with the blueberries and strawberries, and then picked all the berries off my picky kids' plates . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment