Phil's extended family rallies for family birthdays, and since Chrissy and I are expecting this Summer, they tossed us in with Kyle's 3rd birthday and Colton's 10th . . . so much fun! When we got home, we realized how crazily like Christmas it was: that cardboard thing is our new crib, and the other cardboard thing is a pack n' play. Kyle got heaps of toys . . . and as I made something (probably brownies) I cycled him through some new gifts, and caught photos of three items: the "latches board" thing from Aunt Becky is amazing--a total crowd pleaser, that you have to get for your busy toddler. Aunt Cathi gave him the LeapFrog fridge animal sounds game--he loves it. But my personal favorite is the peg n' hammer game (because as a kid --you'll soon understand what gem I was-- I had one; an unlucky playmate decided to join me at the pegs one playtime and I was having none of it. Apparently, even at two I was pretty mine vs. yours conscious, and quickly pegged him on the ol' noggin with the hammer. And, the next time our paths crossed I was "I'm sorrying" with the gift of a hard hat, so he knew it was safer to come play on my turf).
We had super fun whirlwind, swimming, three-legged-race (Phil & I won), water balloon fighting, eating, gift-opening, chatting, day--and even managed to work in a vomiting highlight. Sunday or Monday we got the crib set up, with the baby's Nana blanket in a place of honor hanging over the back railing (the bright-stripey crocheted blanket--which you can behind Kyle's left side-- was my favorite gift for the little mister).
3 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment