Friday, August 3, 2012

Grandma Time























Sooner, rather than later, we're hoping to become a family of six (for those of you counting, yesterday was 36 weeks!!!).  Grandma Greta is on call to just be her wonderful grandmothery self while Phil and I are at the hospital. We're super blessed to have Granddaddy Dan seconds away should we have to sprint Gritman-wards . . . giving Grandma Greta time to appear out of thin air with her bags of books, gifts, and special snacks (really, when she arrives Deacon asks, "where are the presents for me?").
Last week Grandma Greta came for three days and three nights for a run-through.  In reality she came and I had a mini-staycation.  Everynight she made a from-scratch delicious dinner.  Each morning she took Bryce to his swimming lessons, plus bikes rides, and activities . . . and she planted a bunch of ground cover on a steepish slope that I'd been procrastinating about. It was a dream.  I got to relax and my kids slept better than ever.  However, the downside to having a busy bee grandma visit is that when she leaves you sort of don't know where to start.  Sadly, I think that once her leftover lasagna was gone (I got two meals out of that), I think I might have served microwaved mac n'cheese for dinner, possibly followed by Pizza Hut, and then cheese quesadillas . . . anyway, all to say, we're looking forward to the baby's arrival for many reasons, more grandma-time included.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: