Deacon was so excited about Daddy's buck that he placed the head in the bucket of his yellow dumptruck (pictured in the far right background) and then drove it around the gravel).Phil was so excited that he bought another deer tag.
Usually, Phil can devote more than a handful of days to scouting, hunting, and hunting some more. However, this year he had a few distractions: a new baby, a wife that needed him more than ever, a couple of houses winding down and winding up . . . all good things . . . but none the less infringing on his favortie hobby.
Since we can't butcher our beef this fall, I really wanted him to get an elk, and the boys really wanted him to get something with horns. In the end I was packing him out the door to make horns a reality for the boys. Deacon was home from school when he arrived with this buck. He'd had to pack him out of a super steep spot, but was so hyped by the hunt that I think he could have run to Pullman and back.
And, believe or not, I'm actually thinking we need to invest in those special bugs that leave a skull ivory for European mounts.


No comments:
Post a Comment