Tuesday, January 1, 2013

6 Years! Guess what our New Year's Resolution is?

That's right.  To see a whole lot less of us in next year's photo! This will be the year when we're both in shape . . . at the same time!  

Here's to eating like rabbits, sweating like fugitives, and continuing to be super awesome all around (but maybe a whole lot less round).

SIX YEARS!  But it seems more like that best kind of forever-always.  Six years, four kids . . . and zero (0) moves.  Talk about icing on the cake.

Today we were going to go out to dinner, then instead lunch, then instead I was having one of those days when I just didn't want to leave the kids . . . Phil got take out.  We're having a quiet evening with champagne from my dad, and just sort of reveling in the fact that we've gotten at least ten years worth of blessings all squashed into six years.

Here's an abridged timeline:
2006
7/21 We met for our blind (hiking) date, which turned into dinner at a restaurant (lest you think it was a picnic)
7/22 Phil was pretty sure that he probably wanted to marry me
7/31 I got off the phone with him and told my summer roommate, Lisa, "I think that's the man I'm going to marry".  She asked laughingly, "Do you love him?" and totally implied already.  I was feeling all shocked at my realization and said somethings along the lines of how freaked out I was that I respected him so much.  Where is my head-covering?
. . . days, weeks, months go by . . .
11/11 Phil proposed! He had waited until he had both a) met my best friend, Leezers, and b) let my sister feel me out on a thousand different sapphire ring settings
2007
1/1 We got married at what our kids call music school; and they're so impressed.
2009
7/1 We became parents to Bryce Philip (who was 3) and Deacon John (who was 2)!
2012
1/2 We found out we'd be parents again thanks to dollar store preggo tests
4/30 We became parents to Kyle Shepherd (who was 2)!
8/20 We welcomed baby Sean Daniel (who was ten days "early")!

2018????

When I met him, I was a happy single girl, loving being a part of my family and church.  Six years later, I cannot believe how pale that happiness was in comparison to all this Mrs. McMurray goodness.  God is very, very good.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment