Way back in early December I stumbled across a Cafe Press dealio. Amazing discounts on a 16x20 wrapped print, and you could buy up to five of them. I bought one. Wild restraint on my part. It was to be one of Phil's Christmas surprises--the man digs a surprise (my polar opposite; really surprise me, and the gift, no matter how wonderfully perfectly my dream gift, immediately drops down like 50 bazillion pegs). Well, not only do I not like surprises, I am in mortal fear of being a Debbie Downer gift giver. So I told Phil the gift idea . . . and he too thought it was a amazing. So, we bought two more.
Sadly this meant that two people who are stupidly given to thinking that their children are adorable beyond words, had to chose just three photos. Not even one per kid. I knew that I wanted the photo pictured above the moment I read the offer online, but choosing the other two was tricky. Of course, this means I put off choosing until the eleventh hour of the eleventh hour. Until after guests had arrived at our house and I coerced, with plaintive looks of desperation, their help in choosing two more.
These wrapped prints, and the phenomenon that they are sure to be--a trend I hope never dies--are just the best. We've got a whole-family one in Bryce and Deacon's room, and one of Deacon teaching Kyle how to shoot a Nerf gun in Kyle's room.
Now, I am pouring through our digital pictures to get more regular prints done. A friends suggested mpix.com, and I'm so thankful to not be sick, and to be into a project. Watch out, I'll be dealing in playing cards with photos of my kids and photo calendars (I love those!!!). Finally, an organization project that can't be undone!
Sadly this meant that two people who are stupidly given to thinking that their children are adorable beyond words, had to chose just three photos. Not even one per kid. I knew that I wanted the photo pictured above the moment I read the offer online, but choosing the other two was tricky. Of course, this means I put off choosing until the eleventh hour of the eleventh hour. Until after guests had arrived at our house and I coerced, with plaintive looks of desperation, their help in choosing two more.
These wrapped prints, and the phenomenon that they are sure to be--a trend I hope never dies--are just the best. We've got a whole-family one in Bryce and Deacon's room, and one of Deacon teaching Kyle how to shoot a Nerf gun in Kyle's room.
Now, I am pouring through our digital pictures to get more regular prints done. A friends suggested mpix.com, and I'm so thankful to not be sick, and to be into a project. Watch out, I'll be dealing in playing cards with photos of my kids and photo calendars (I love those!!!). Finally, an organization project that can't be undone!

You need to post pics of them all!
ReplyDelete