All year we heard how fun it was to watch the enthusiatic 1st graders run their miles. Last Friday, Phil and I were able to catch our (not so) little Bryce's last run of first grade. He was all business. Phil and I stood at different spots along the 1/2 mile "track" to cheer the two classes on, and see our buddy in action. The kids were so cute, and fast. They loved being cheered on, and love it when they heard their names called--and they scooted much faster! Bryce did great, and finished first for his class, with his friend, Clive, coming in right behind him. Clive is a hoot; after the race, as I was helicoptering around Bryce, Clive came up to him all enthusiam, bursting with something very important to say: "Bryce. I don't know what the world record is. But I do know that you came in first and I was second".


So funny! As we were walking down to the trail, I asked the class, so, which one of you all are gonna win? thinking that I'd get a yahoo from everyone. It was completely silent. Then someone piped up, "Bryce! Bryce *always* wins!!!"
ReplyDelete