Sunday, September 27, 2009

You Really Don't Have to Teach Them How to Dance

 
Yesterday was the lovely wedding of Josh Davis and Kristen Hagen. Everything about it was just perfect: the bride, the groom, the weather, the decorations and the reception . . . but most importantly (to me) my wonderful husband babysat the boys all afternoon while I was busy doing bridal party photos and the ceremony. Then he arrived for the reception with two perfectly dressed little boys--save Deacon's too-short pants that I had "over-hemmed" earlier in day.
Like I said the reception was fantastic, and the second half featured some fast paced dance music. Though too shy to hit the actual dance floor with me (phew, I'm sure Phil was relieved) the boys each got down in their own way on the side yard. Deacon danced in one spot with his legs firmly planted so that his little body could catch each and every beat. Bryce did some full-bodied moves that traversed the entirety of the knoll on which he'd planted himself (for a good view of the action).
Luckily I saw someone else snag a shot of the boys, and that reminded me to grab the camera--now I have blackmail material. I'm glad to have gotten the shots then, because soon afer we left the reception due to Deacon's severe coughing fit; which, of course, ended as soon as we were in the car.
Some of the wedding guests were from Santa Cruz (Kristen's new home), and one of my old college roommates and her husband were amoung those guests--and we had a great time catching up with them today at brunch. Next time they'll have to bring Leif and Ryle!

4 comments:

  1. And we had a great time eating your cinnamon rolls--thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your little fellas had a swinging good time and I'm glad you felt good about it all went. If Phil was able to get little boys to a wedding looking good, then he deserves breakfast in bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were so cute! I loved how serious Deacon was and how un-serious Bryce was!

    ReplyDelete