Friday, October 9, 2009

Arwen, Elk and Huckleberries

 
My beautiful and brave cousin, Arwen, is traveling across the US this fall visiting friends and family, and making friends along the way. We northwest cousins were lucky enough to make the cut for a visit! Bryce and Deacon called her Amy for the first evening she was here--and then once they realized how much fun she was, she became, "Ar-OOO-wen".

Even though she only stayed with us for two days we got to totally catch up--we just forgot play cards (and we call ourselves Pocklingtons). She cheerfully ate elk and then I'm sure was relieved when the next "new food to try" was a huckleberry muffin! I enjoyed her company so very much, and when she left and I teared up--after all her family (my Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy, and cousins Alethea and Hannah) have hosted me countless times, and so not only was Arwen a delight in her own right, but she reminded of all those wonderful people back in NC!

Our tour of the Palouse included a trip to the Lewiston Fish & Game office and Costo, then Qdoba and a drive-by of of the University of Idaho--what more do you need! Blessings on your trip Ar-O-wen!

2 comments:

  1. Glad everybody had a good time, great picture of the boys with Arwen. It was nice to meet her and I wish we would have had more time together. Let's hope it won't be another 21 years before we meet-up again. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Arwen got to go see you all. I think talking to her about you and the family made me really miss you! I love you very much, and hope everyone is doing well!

    -Amron

    ReplyDelete