Phil & I have made an annual event out of decorating for Christmas at Opa & Oma's house, and this year our whole family decided to join in. Here's a blurry photo of Grandma Greta reading to the four boy cousins--you can just see Roman's head in the far right corner, he was sneaking snacks.
After we zipped up the tree, swapped out the flower boxes (to poinsettias, ivy, and holly berries), nine of the twelve of us headed further downtown to sardine ourselves into the waiting (and may I say somewhat belligerent) crowd of spectators. We lucked out, and were able to snag last minute parking spots, and then we lucked out even further and manged to find each other in the ruckus. Bundled in forty-bazillion layers plus snow bibs, none of the boys complained of cold, but none of them appreciated the cement truck's horn--lots of tears! Thankfully there were lots of dogs, horses and bands to cheer them up.
The night went along swimmingly and the carols and fireworks were well received--no tears--and so we headed off to Red Robbin! Plus we had dry, mostly clear roads too. I think our annual event just became a tradition!
3 years ago


So glad everything worked out well for everyone. I love you, Mom
ReplyDelete