Thursday, December 10, 2009

Naptime Roosters for Sick People

 
Sickness struck the McMurray household last Friday, and then Saturday, and then Monday. Phil has undiagnosed bronchitis, Deacon and I are just plain weak and feeble, and Bryce is sniffly (if only it was his immune system that was catching). Keeping three guys contentedly inside (when they all prefer to be outside) is no easy task. Thankfully, in addition to holiday food, movies, and general Advent festivities there is always the chance that dad will create some fun.

The upside of Phil being sick, is that I can dash off on errands during the day sans enfants (and really errands when you're childless are a drag, but solitary errands when you're a mom are a dream--an outing if you will). Wednesday I got to have morning coffee with an out of town friend (so fun!), and then this afternoon I plugged away on my to-buy list.

Today, just as I'd lunched, wiped, changed, medicined, and tucked-in the little ones, Phil bellowed, "Roosters!" He then proceeded to rescue Bryce and Deacon from the confines of their naps. All the while, I pretended to have no idea that anything was amiss and got ready for my outing. When I finally appeared at the door this is what I found: three sickies and two roosters (two with one shot that is). Since I'm horribly allergic to feathers (yes, having chickens isn't exactly sensible of me) immediately following the pics, the boys were scrubbed down with lye and dipped in sheep dip--then back to nap, and then au revoir por moi!

2 comments:

  1. Life is never dull at the Maison de McMurry. Will you eat those roosters? If yes, then Bonne Appetite, ma cherie. Je t'aime, ta Mere extrodanaire =o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to start writing "Cosbey"

    ReplyDelete