Friday, January 8, 2010

Playing Sleep: Inside Fun?

 
Either A: our bedtime liturgy is so amazing that sleep is sweet indeed for these young men, or B: week after week of playing indoors leaves no stone unturned, and play must really stretch in every direction in order to be innovative.

I guess B.

Bryce: Mom! Mom! We're playing sleep.
Me [answering from the other room]: What? Like on a farm? [thinking that he surely had said sheep, and that my ears needed some coffee]

They'd also stocked themselves up with a slew of books--and a good hour was spent perusing.

Deacon loved this game and on subsequent days came back again, and again, and again. Can you just picture two grown men reminiscing, "Do you remember when we used to play sleep?" "Yeah. Mom was so boring sometimes."

2 comments:

  1. The boys must enjoy being at home and enjoy reading if they do what I like do in my leisure time whenever I get a chance. Good job mom, lying around reading is a life long joy for some of us.

    Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do they let you play? Playing 'sleep' sounds like a dream! ;)

    ReplyDelete