We took that path that leads straight from the upper falls to view the middle falls, and Bryce gallantly had me hold one end of his walking stick to keep me steady. It was a quite a steep little trail, and Deacon was thrilled when we reached the sure-footing stretch, and he could walk on his own.
As we drove home I asked the boys what their favorite parts of the hike were. Bryce bellowed, "the sticks!" He'd spent the entire hike swapping out walking sticks for bigger and better ones, until his last giant stick wore his little arms out and he returned to a more reasonably sized one--you know, just as long as he is tall, instead of one that dragged ten feet behind him.
Next time we'll bring our suits!


Hey - that is where Joe proposed - love that place :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! Where in Idaho is that?
ReplyDeleteChrissy it's between the city of Elk River (population 20 or so) and Bovill (where I did my student-teaching, and why I decided not to teach!)
ReplyDelete