Monday, April 5, 2010

McMurray Photo Session

Back when I was a kid in North Carolina, our good-good friend Bill Heroy took family pictures, as well as portraits of my sister and me. I love these photos (the one of my sister and me is displayed on my dresser). I have been longing to have photos taken again, but I'm not the least bit photogenic (I swear digital cameras were invented for people like me who somehow morph into lizard-offspring, with overly large heads, before the lens).

This year we McMurray kids finagled to surprise Papa Ron and Nana Judy with an early anniversary present: family pictures. It was a fun time coordinating what to wear, and shopping (though the shirts I bought for the boys were no match for the cute matchy-matchy shirts [pictured above] already hanging in their closet from Grandma Greta).
Baby Kade, Bryce, and Deacon were stoic and even a little pained-looking for many of the formal photos, but hammed it up for casual snaps. I love the shot of goofball-Deacon facing the mirror with the Dezembers reflected behind him--look closely!

No comments:

Post a Comment