We McMurrays leaped into the twenty-first century, buying our first vehicle manufactured after 1995! A lovely, roomy, shiny, comfy Honda Pilot, that is black outside and tan leather inside.
We got the car in Spokane, and after the long driving loop the boys were scrambling to play outside, while I was antsy to sit in the driver's seat and peak around (I'd driven our old car home, so it was my chance to really get giddy about the Pilot). Phil climbed into the passenger seat and began telling me about the car, but we were quickly interrupted by a huge bang. We looked at each other--just in time to feel the second bang. What in the world? We looked out the windows: there was Deacon, swinging a metal baseball bat (and grinning the biggest grin).
Well, here's to buying used cars!
3 years ago

LOL, isn't it nice that God doesn't let us hold on to our earthly treasures too tightly. Nothing like little boys to keep our perspective real. Just wait until he gets to drive it. Thanks for the chuckle.
ReplyDeleteThat's hilarious. (Mostly because it wasn't my car!) Thanks so much for giving my boys a ride in your new wheels and for rescuing me from the looks of disappointment that would have come when I finally realized sometime tomorrow that they had missed their hike!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, little boys! Congrats on the new car. I really like the Pilot.
ReplyDelete