Friday, July 1, 2011

Two Years!

Here's the boys' first four-wheeler ride, their 1st or 2nd night with us (I think first but my camera said 2nd). And we whirlwinded them to a 4th of July celebration in the Tri-Cities to meet many of Phil's relatives. See little 2 1/2 year old Deacon! And a little three year old Bryce (just 3 months shy of four).

These photos are from that first week or two. In the one where I'm wearing the green shirt, a friend stopped by out of the blue with diapers and tons of Play-Dough! Our family, friends, my office, and church were supportive and showered us with clothes, books, toys, and meals; which enabled us to just focus on learning how to apply all this parenting advice!

Last year, June 2010, the boys officially became McMurrays. And among other celebrations of sorts, we went to Silverwood a lot!

Yesterday the boys loved playing with their Coeur d'Alene cousins again--this time at their house. And while they were busy playing dump trucks, I was busy pretending to be helpful, while I held baby LittleBits--which made it hard to be helpful.

This is best, most exhausting job I have ever had . . . God has been, and continues to be so kind to our little family. A big thank you to everybody for their counsel, advice, prayers, support, encouragement, introductions to little buddies, inclusion in play-dates, activities, mothers' bible studies, and chatty friendships.

Overwhelmingly, I am blessed with a husband who made a very hard decision 25 months ago, to take on the role of instant father. He caught on so quickly! And, he's been patient as I learned how to prioritize and has encouraged me over and over again. I respected and loved him as a husband, but that is pale-pale-pale to how much I respect and love him as the father of my children.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, that made me a little teary! Congrats!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete