On this day, eighty two years ago, my sweet Grandma Jeanne was born. She lived a great life and died surrounded by family on Christmas Day 2001.
Sooooo, you know how when a day is special, leading up to that day--every once in a while--you think to yourself "such and such day is coming"; but there is still that moment on that day when you remember. Today that moment came when I opened up 365 Devotions for Preschoolers. After reading the date I said, "hunh, today is Grandma Jeanne's birthday", and then (testament to God's kindness) I had a little lesson to read, which barred me from a sentimental reminiscence.
Usually, when I'm missing Grandma I watch Jeopardy, or force myself to sit through Golden Girls until the first commercial break. (I'm convinced that it's all her fault that I'm hooked on Antiques Roadshow, Agatha Christie BBC mysteries and the Good Neighbors tv show.)
Well, today I came down with a cold, and if Grandma Jeanne was here she would have made me chicken soup with rice from scratch--so that's what I did.
3 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment